Three critical conversations about flipped learning article by Robert Talbert

This blog post by Robert Talbert suggests starting 3 related, but key conversations in response to common student questions or complains about the flipped class.

http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/effective-teaching-strategies/...

In my experience, such conversations may not make these students happy about the flipped class, but they do promote greater acceptance. 

By the way, you can keep up with and converse with Robert Talbert on Twitter: @RobertTalbert 

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a great article. I just finished a pilot using the flipped classroom in a majors general biology class. We have not looked at the actual learning yet (pre-post), but did go through the surveys. The majority of students reported the videos as useful/very useful, and a few told me in person they used them to remember/review concepts over and over. To the question "what is the best way you learn?" most answered "hands-on" and "listening to the lectures." I think one of the key things about flipped classrooms is to use the time wisely when in the classroom- the more hands-on and active, the more students remembered it. I think this connects really nicely with the conversations in the blog about college learning and its purpose.

RSS

Join PULSE

If you are an undergraduate life science educator, department chair, or administrator, we invite you to join PULSE and make your department a model of Vision and Change in undergraduate life science education!

News

See PULSE NEWS for announcements, events, and other V&C related activities

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by PULSE Leadership Fellows.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service